Balotelli headed for Liverpool

Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli

Liverpool have had a £16million bid accepted by AC Milan for Italy striker Mario Balotelli.
Balotelli is thought to want £125,000 a week to move to Anfield and the transfer is nearly complete, subject to personal terms.
Brendan Rodgers had said Liverpool would categorically not be signing the errant Italy striker last month, but has had a change of heart.
Balotelli earlier told Sky Italia: ‘This will be my last day at Milanello.’

Later, he left Milanello training complex in a red Ferrari. He had lunch after training and stopped to tell reporters: ‘Nothing is decided yet nothing is black and white.’

Samuel Eto’o is still an option for Liverpool should the Balotelli deal fall through, for any reason.
Balotelli has to be registered by noon on Friday if he is to feature for Liverpool against former club Manchester City on Monday. It would be a sensational return to the Premier League for the 24-year-old, who left City in 2013.

Balotelli has been involved in a series of scrapes during his career to date, especially during his time in the Premier League.
On the field, he was sent off for Manchester City against Arsenal in 2012 in a defeat that almost derailed their title charge.

And off the pitch, there was the notorious incident when Balotelli set off fireworks in his house, leading to him revealing the famous ‘Why Always Me?’ T-shirt when he scored in the Manchester derby at Old Trafford in 2011.

He also had a set-to with City manager Roberto Mancini on the training ground, and a scrap with Jerome Boateng. — Dailymail

Pin It