EVA CARNEIRO wants a public apology from former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and no settlement between the parties is imminent, her barrister has said.
Accompanied by her husband and legal team, Carneiro arrived at London South Employment Tribunal on Monday to attend a private hearing mediated by a High Court judge in the latest attempt to resolve her legal action against Chelsea and Mourinho.
Carneiro is claiming constructive dismissal against Chelsea and sex discrimination against Mourinho, who branded her and head physio Jon Fearn “impulsive and naive” for running onto the pitch to treat Eden Hazard in the closing stages of the Blues’ 2-2 draw with Swansea City in August.
Both were subsequently demoted from first-team duties and, after leaving the club, Carneiro launched separate but connected legal claims against Chelsea and Mourinho at the beginning of November.
Chelsea filed their defence shortly after sacking Mourinho for the second time in December and representatives of all parties attended a previous hearing at London South Employment Tribunal on January 6, failing to reach an agreement.
Speaking to ITV News ahead of the latest hearing, Mary O’Rourke QC said: “We’re not expecting a resolution today. The two sides are so far apart financially. And we want Mr Mourinho to make a public apology.”
If no settlement is reached, the case is set for a public tribunal on June 6 at which all witness statements must be disclosed and all witnesses, including Mourinho, would be obliged to attend if summoned to give evidence in public. — ESPN