Bullets shoot momentum of Chiefs

04 Jul, 2022 - 00:07 0 Views
Bullets shoot momentum of Chiefs Cranborne Bullets midfielder Chelsea Nyakope makes a clearance as goalkeeper Hebert Rusawo watches on in a match they played against Bulawayo Chiefs at Luveve Stadium in Bulawayo yesterday

The Chronicle

Innocent Kurira at Luveve Stadium
Bulawayo Chiefs 0-1 Cranborne Bullets

“THIS is embarrassing,” Bulawayo Chiefs’ coach Nilton Terreso said, as he watched his side’s nine-match unbeaten run come to an end in yesterday’s Castle Lager Premiership game against army side Cranborne Bullets.

The visitors never looked threatening, but scored the only goal of the day from the spot kick through Brian Muzondiwa in the 42nd minute.

Nilton Terroso

Referee Philan Ncube pointed to the spot after Chiefs’ captain Malvin Mkolo fouled Mclint Namakhoma inside the box.

The scenes of jubilation from the visitors’ bench after full-time showed how much the three points meant to them after losing their previous five matches.

Chiefs felt refereeing decisions went against them, with their major grievance being a penalty call that referee Ncube made for them and then reversed.

“My opinion is that we are a small club; we know that. We are just starting and are humble enough, but we are professionals. We work hard every day and do everything we can to compete and we deserve to be respected. Today I think we did not deserve that. I think that is embarrassing for the league and I think football results should be fair,” said Terroso.

“Not taking away anything from Cranborne, but the referee and the way he treated us from every situation from the very beginning was not fair. Football should be decided 11 vs 11. Sometimes the results are unfair, but not like this.

Philani ‘Beefy’ Ncube

This is not football; this is not professionalism. What happened today is embarrassing,” said Terroso.
Cranborne coach Nesbert Saruchera felt his side performed well.

“I think we did very well after losing so many games. We are hoping our form is back with this victory. I have so much faith in this team and hopefully with this result we are now good to go. I think our strength today was to manage the game well,” said Saruchera.

Chiefs started the game with a sense of urgency pressing their opponents high up.

Obriel Chirinda, who was making a return to the first team after missing the last three games of action, saw his shot from inside the six-yard box being blocked by the visitors’ defence with just three minutes played.

This was after a neat build-up play initiated by Hughe Chikosa and Perfect Chikwende, who provided the through pass to Chirinda.

Yemmy Matembedze found himself with loads of space inside the box after 15 minutes, but couldn’t find the target with the ball at his feet.

Obrey Chirinda

An Elvis Moyo’s cross found Felix Moyo on the stroke of half-time, but the latter could not direct his effort on target.

Bulawayo Chiefs: Matripples Muleya, Elvis Moyo (Tatenda Chikwende 83rd min), Kelvin Madzongwe, Wilson Mensah (Mthokozisi Msebe 56th min), Hughe Chikosa (Billy Veremu 73rd min), Arthur Musiyiwa (Dela Arkoli 73rd min), Obriel Chirinda, Malvin Mkolo, Kevin Moyo, Perfect Chikwende, Felix Moyo
Cranborne Bullets: Herbert Rusawo, Xavier Janatana, Moreblessing Mushangwe, Douglas Mbewe, Kelvin Chiripawako (Kudakwashe Chidonza 74th min), Chelsea Nyakope, Tapiwa Charakupa, Kingsley Mureremba, Malvern Madzuka (Mclint Namakhoma 28th min), Yemmy Matembedze (Selemani Jarrison 74th min), Brian Muzondiwa (Yusufu Wasili 58th min)
— @innocentskizoe

Share This: