Name: Rajesh Kumar Indukant Modi
Date of birth: 4 February 1959
Place of birth: India
Marital status: Married with three children and two grandsons
Languages: English, Hindi, Gujarati and very basic local language
Raj Modi has won a number of business awards in his own right, not to mention those that have been won by the company that he is a Director of. Some of the awards are detailed below.
-Awarded the Regional Centre for Social Responsibility for Best SME Social Responsibility Initiative awarded in April 2013 for the year 2012.
– Global Award for Perfection, Quality and Ideal Performance awarded on 19 November 2012 by Otherways Management.
– 38th International Award for Leadership in Image and Quality in recognition of its commitment to Quality and Business Excellence for the year 2012 by Global Trade Leaders Club 5 November 2012.
– Newsday People’s Choice Awards Social Services Category in 2012.
– Megafest Business Awards Life Time Achievement Award for 2012.
– Megafest Business Awards 2nd Runner Up Best Social Responsible Organisation of the Year for 2012.
– Megafest Business Awards Zimbabwe’s Top 20 Outstanding Business Personalities of 2012.
– Awarded the International Award for Business Excellence for the year 2011 Global Trade Leaders in Spain 25th June 2012.
– Awarded in 2012 Business Man of the Year Award for the year 2011 Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce Matabeleland Region.
– Awarded in 2012 Manager of the Year Second Runner Up for the year 2011 Zimbabwe Institute of Management.
– Awarded the three prizes in 2011 Megafest Business Awards, Business Man of the Year, Great Business Minds and First Position for Social Responsibility.
– Awarded the three prizes in 2010 Megafest Business Awards, Business Man of the Year, First Position for Best Marketed Organisation and Second Prize for Social Responsibility Programme.
– First runners up of ZNCC 2010 Business Man of the Year.
– First runners up of ZNCC 2010 Social Responsibility Programme.
– Won the Megafest Best Marketed organisation award in 2009.
– The Managing Director Raj Modi was voted Mr Spar Retail in the year 2000.
– Bellevue Spar had a customer who won a grand prize of a Mazda B1800 truck in a Spar promotion in the year 2000.
Current projects (2016-2018)
– Manufacturing of alcoholic beverages, modivine, Everest, etc, employs 60 people
– Manufacturing of exercise books
– Bottling of water, employs 20 people
– Construction of a shopping complex in Cowdray Park which will employ 300 people set for completion end of year
-Setting up of solar equipment manufacturing plant which will employ an estimated 200 people
– Establishing a smartphone and laptop assembling plant which will employ about 500 people
2012 — Chief Executive Office of the Sports and Recreation Commission, Matabeleland Region
2012 — Board Member of the Bulawayo Publicity Association
2012 — Member of the Finance Committee of the Bulawayo Publicity Association
2009-2011 — General Manager of Zimbabwe Youth Games Bulawayo Metropolitan Province
2003-2007 — Board Member of Ingwebu Breweries